Saturday, July 21, 2007

More Mailart for the Cafe


Radiant Fire (A found Poem)

More for Debbies mailart call.
The collage contains a 'found' poem.
I opened the pages of a book at random and cut out the first word my finger alighted on.
I set myself the limit to 10 words, then I had to arrange them into meaning.
In this case I did the collage first and found the poem after, but it's fun the other way round too.
The little envelope on the back of the collage contains an atc and I sealed it with an artist stamp I made a few years ago for a project called "Post Bandit"
Click on it to see it bigger.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this!

cjhardy said...

what a clever use of collage to drive your point home. I was very intrigued by this delightful illustration.

Barbara said...

Very nice - but what's an atc?

biteyourowntail said...

I like your collages very much.

caseytoussaint said...

This is wonderful - I'm so glad I came to your blog. I really love your work.